Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Brotherly Love

As a wedding coordinator for the Bald Head Island Club, you can assume I've seen my fair share of weddings. And you'd probably think I'd be immune to the emotions that can take over seeing a beautiful couple celebrating their union with all the people they hold nearest and dearest.

You would think so, but you'd be wrong - about the emotions part. At least that was the case when Alyssa & Chris arrived to the club, post wedding ceremony and ready to celebrate. Everything was all fine and dandy until Alyssa's brother/Man of Honor/Official toast-giver/Meany who made me tear up - stood up and asked everyone to raise their glasses in honor of his sister and now, brother in-law. I'm a sucker for a man who can express his feelings and he did just that. It was an amazing speech from a proud brother for his beautiful sister. He spoke of the imense pride he felt for having Alyssa as a sister and how lucky Chris and Alyssa both were for finding one another. And if I'm not mistaken, I think he had something to do with that.



In any case, it was a beautiful reception for two beautiful people, Alyssa and Chris. And PS - the rest of their family and friends - ALL AMAZING. I felt like I was at one of my family get-togethers. All of their guests were so friendly and genunie and just downright good people.

I loved this group and I am so happy that I am able to share some images from the wonderfully talented Rachel Barker of Millie Holloman Photography with you. Rachel is such a talented photographer. Make sure to check out her blog if you are in the market for a wedding or portrait photographer. She makes everyone feel so comfortable and at home, and she's a ton of fun to be around too.

Alyssa & Chris - I'm so glad I was able to be a part of your wedding and I'm so excited to hear about what's to come in your futures together. Congratulations again!















No comments:

Post a Comment