Monday, December 13, 2010

Crazy about Shoes...

Anyone who know's me, knows the infatuation I have for beautiful shoes. I have always been obsessed with shoes, from the days as a child when I'd sneak into my grandmother's shoe closet (who by the way, had and still has amazing taste in shoes). I was all of 3 1/2 feet tall, prancing around - yes, i pranced - on my grandparents hard wood floors in 3.5" heels.

Amazingly, that obsession for shoes has never faded and although there were some questionable choices in footware over the years, I will always save my few extra dollars for a great new pair of heels. Preferably sparkly, or adorned with something floral.

As the event and wedding coordinator for the Bald Head Island Club, I spend part of my day perousing various websites and blogs of photographers who I've come to respect over the years, searching for inspiration and picking up on new trends. And inevitably, some of my favorite images turn out to be the shoe shots... I'm sure you've seen them:

Image Created by the amazing Jose Villa

Image Created by the uber talented Jasmine Star
Image Created by the amazing Jose Villa
Image Created by the uber talented Jasmine Star

Image Created by the delightful Jenny Sun


I just can't get enough of them. ANYWAY... the only thing better than oogling at all the beautiful selections for wedding shoes  is the idea that I could design my own pair of wedding shoes. Pulling together all of the very best in bling and fashion and chic attire I've seen over the years. Ok, I may need to tone it down some.

What's my point? I recently discovered Milk & Honey Shoes, a custom shoe design company, geared specifically for brides and bridesmaids and I just had to share. I mean how many gorgeous shoes have you seen while scouring the various wedding blogs and websites? And how many times did you say to yourself  "I have to have those!" ?? One too many times I say. So why not design your very own pair for that oh so special of days?

You can go online now, pick from a wide variety of silhouettes, colors, heel heighth, embelishments, sizes, materials and more. And even if you're not getting married - it's a ton of fun

Happy Monday and happy shoe shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment