Friday, February 10, 2012

#9 - top 29 Favorite things about a BHI Club Wedding!

One of the greatest things about a BHI Club wedding is finding inspiration for your wedding in previous weddings held here at the club. Which is why I try to post as many images from past weddings and events as possible on our blog, Facebook page and website. But what's even better, is drawing inspiration for your wedding from an inspiration shoot! Which is my #9 reason for having your wedding at the Bald Head Island Club! Inspiration Shoots!


A few months ago, I got a call from one of my favorite local photographers, Theo Milo, with an idea for an inspriatation shoot at the BHI Club. He teamed up with one of our local wedding planning teams, Courtney & Katie from Kickstand Events and together they produced one knock-you-off-your-rocker inspriation shoot and I am so excited to be able to share some of the pictures with you all today.



The model for this shoot was one of those natural beauties (similar to the BHI Club) and didn't need much to show off her gorgeous look. But one of my favorite hair & make-up ladies, Hannah, came out to give her hair that gorgeous wave you'll see in the images below and those subtle splashes of color to make her features really striking.



Sometimes using props that you wouldn't necessarily think of for a shoot (like these tomatoes) really adds a little something. A pop of color, for sure, but it also gives the scene a somewhat casual, sunday afternoon kind of feel. The contrast between that and the luxurious purple linens and gorgeous floral displays is stunning. I really love this look.



The girls at Kickstand did a few different bouquets for the shoot and I loved them all. Such a wide range of colors used in this that I maybe never would have conceived of on my own. But they really pulled it all together.



This photo shoot was from last August - isn't it gorgeous!?! 

If you look closely, you can see me waving from my office window in this image. See me??
just kidding :) 


This girl is a heart-breaker - you can tell. And Theo captured her absolutely flawlessly.

Thanks again to the Kickstand girls and Theo Milo for creating such a stunning represenation of what you can do for your own wedding. Hope these images give you some inspiration and motivation!

If you are interested in contacting Ms. Hannah for your day of wedding hair & make-up, let me know and I'll  put you in touch with her. As for Theo Milo click here and for Kickstand Events, click here!

Check back this weekend for reason #10 and #11!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment