Friday, February 3, 2012

Reason #3 - Top 29 Favorite things about a Bald Head Island Club Wedding

The Food! This may very well be my favorite, favorite, favorite aspect of a BHI Club wedding. Maybe. There are just so many reasons - why must a girl choose?

Warning... I am about to make you all, very, very, VERY hungry! Just the mere mention of some of these delicious concoctions makes my stomach growl. And I don't mean one of those barely audible whimpers of hunger. I mean an intense growl like I've just woken from long-term hibernation and have an insatiable appetite that only the likes of the BHI Club can satisfy. TMI?

 Let me start off by saying that our chef is insane. Insanely talented that is! Every hors d'oeuvres,  every entree dish, every yum yum dessert is better than the last. Here's just a sampling of some of our offerings: 

Mashed Potato Martini Bar for the Heavy Hors D'oeuvres Receptions
This station comes with chipotle pork, braised chicken in red wine, chopped scallions, shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and chopped bacon. Add toppings as desired!
We also offer a delicious (like nothing you've ever tried before) Shrimp & Grits Station. But, due to forces beyond my control, I am unable to share any images of our shrimp & Grits here today. I simply can not be held liable for the kind of hunger growls that will ensue upon viewing said Shrimp & Grits. I apologize for even mentioning it. 

Moving right along...

One of our most popular hors d'oeuvres is the Seared Baby Lamb Chops with Mint Demi Glace. I once watched a herd of groomsmen (ok, there were 5 of them) polish off an entire plate of these things in about point 5 seconds while the server stood holding an empty plate, eyes wide in amazement.

And although you won't find this item on our menus, we often get a request for Applewood Smoked Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and voila, there you have it! And they are good... very good.

In the summer time, a Chilled Seafood Station is very popular. Heck, any time of year a chilled seafood station is quite popular. Check out those monster Crab Legs!

This was for a tasting I had with a soon to be bride and her family. Seared Baby Lamb Chops, Crabmeat Salad in Phyllo Cups and our LEGEN....wait for it...DARY Corn & Cilantro Fritters with a Spicy Aioli Dipping Sauce. Yum, Yum and Yum.

These guys are our Grilled Chicken with Boursin in Belgian Endive hors d'oeuvres. Always a fan favorite!

Another one of our very popular hors d'oeuvres, the Sesame Seared Tuna on Won Ton with Wakame Salad. I think these have made an appearance at 94.5% of 2011 weddings and it's looking like they're sticking around for 2012 as well.  
 

Bite-Size Crabcakes with Whole Lump Crabmeat.
Who doesn't love crabcakes I ask???
 

Vegetable Spring Rolls with Thai Dipping Sauce
No one ever says no to a BHI Club spring roll. You're asked to leave the island if you do. No joke. 
 

Fried Oysters with a Creole Remoulade.
 De-Lish.

Goat Cheese Crostini with an Apricot Preserve.
In my opinion, you can never have enough Goat Cheese.
 

Allright... it's almost 10:00am. I'd say it's about time for lunch, right? Who's with me?
You?
You?

PS... if you want to see our complete banquet menu, just go to the BHI Club website and click on weddings & banquets at the top and then go to menus on the left hand side. And then prepare yourself for the hunger pains that I am powerless to stop.

Thanks to Millie Holloman Photography, 1 of 13 Photography and Chris Van Atta Photography for supplying the yummy food pics above. Oh and thanks to our F&B Director for taking such lovely pics of our tasting dishes!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post and it is perfect since we are going to sit down and look at the menu this weekend! This made me soo excited and so hungry :) Thanks for all of the deliciously tempting ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome my dear! Have fun and call me if you need any more suggestions! I got lots!

    ReplyDelete